Friday 28 October 2016 the renowned Mexican sculptor Jorge Marin opened at the Exhibition Centre in Baku Heydar Aliyev Azerbaijan capital of his exibition titled "The Reconstruction of the Being". With this exhibition Jorge Marin becomes the first Latin American sculptor to bring his work to this area of the world and the second American artist to exhibit at the Aliyev Center after Andy Warhol, who played a crucial role in the birth and development of pop art in art history. The exhibition The Reconstruction of the Being consists of 10 monumental bronzes size that invite reflection on the processes of building the personality; and explore the concept of the body as a vehicle through which we connect with the world, we look at the environment and generate memory. In this exhibition Jorge Marin makes an exercise of introspection on the mind and personality as the sum of fragments that make us human. Marin explores the constant construction and deconstruction of being; the body as his means of contact with the other and with oneself. Their wings reaffirm the message to go beyond the limits.
The Reconstruction of the Being will be present, until April 2017, at the epicenter of cultural and artistic life of Azerbaijan, Aliyev Center, located in the building designed by architect Saha Hadid (1959 -2016), who was the first woman to win the Pritzker architecture prize and left a huge legacy in deconstructivist architecture.
It is a spectacular building considered one of the most important architectural works of our time with the sculptural work of Jorge Marin initiate a profound dialogue between man and space. The presence of the work of sculptor Jorge Marin in Azerbaijan means a bridge between the two countries: his, Mexico and Azerbaijan, which is distant and alien but which essentially shared the human being.
To obtain a multiple entries visa to travel to the Republic of Azerbaijan the following documents must be submitted to the Consular Section of the Embassy:
NOTE: Before delivering original documents to the Consulate it is necessary to send list of the documents (scan in JPG format in a proper way) to the official email address of the Consulate for verification purposes
1. An invitation from a receiving party should be sent through Consular Department of the MFA;The instruction from the Consular Department of Ministry of Foreign Affairs regarding the confirmation of the invitation of receiving party should be received by the Embassy. For details receiving party may contact the Consular Department of Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Address: 4 Shikhali Gurbanov Str., Baku, AZ 1009. For questions please call +99450 7600663.
2. Completed electronic visa application form;
To fill out visa application form
- Visit the website: http://evisa.mfa.gov.az
- Register in “Sign up” page.
- Fill out the “Application form”.
- Submit the application form.
- Print the completed application form received on e-mail.
3. Visa Application Form; (Application form must be filled on the computer only!)
4. Valid passport or other travel document (photocopies will not be accepted) which should have at least one clear page for the visa;
A passport must be valid for no less than six month.
Holders of travel documents must submit valid permanent resident card;
4. Copy of the fly itinerary;
5. Copy of health insurance;
After verification of all the data consulate will send you an email confirming the accuracy of the provided information, also you will receive an account of the consulate to pay for the requested visa.
6. Consular fee for Multiple entries visa for Mexican citizen: $350 US dollars.
NOTE: Foreign nationals willing to stay in Azerbaijan for the entire year should request temporary residence permission at the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan (for more information, please visit: www.migration.gov.az).
After payment is done, you will need to send via email copy of the payment documents for verification purposes.
To obtain a visa by mail, the request must include a postage paid return envelope (FedEx, UPS or DHL). The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in way to track your passport's return to you.
NOTE: Only money transfers and direct deposits to the account of the consulate are accepted.
E-mail of consulate – http://mexico.mfa.gov.az/
Please send all the above-mentioned required documents to:
Embassy of Azerbaijan Attn: Consular Section,
Avenida Virreyes 1015,
Colonia Lomas de Chapultepec,
Delegación Miguel Hidalgo,
Business hours of the Consular Section are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 A.M. to 12 P.M.
Processing time – 3-10 business days
All foreigners visiting Azerbaijan for a period of more than 30 days must register their passports with the local passport-registration authorities.
Attention: Effective October 15, 2010 obtaining short stay single entry (up to 30 days) visas at the visa section of Consular Department of Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the Heydar Aliyev International Airport of Baku, upon arrival has changed Read More