Changes to registration rules for foreigners
On April 1, 2013 amendments adopted on March 5, 2013 to the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan on “Registration According to Place of Residence and Sojourn” and subsequent legislative acts (“the amendments”) came into effect.
The amendments concern the registration of foreign citizens and stateless persons in the Republic of Azerbaijan by adjusting the principles behind registration procedures.
The new regulations require that all foreign nationals and stateless persons have to be registered at the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan (www.migration.gov.az) within 3 (three) days after the arrival to Azerbaijan.
For the purposes of the Law and the amendments, it is important to distinguish between the two procedures outlined below, which existed before the amendments entered into force:
• registration according to place of residence; and
• registration according to place of sojourn;
Pursuant to the amendments, foreign nationals or stateless persons intending to stay in the Republic of Azerbaijan for a period of more than 3 days have to be registered according to their place of sojourn. In accordance with the procedure established, the host party (hotel, sanatorium, rest home, boarding house, camping, tourist base, hospital, any such public place, apartment or other living space, administration of that place or owner of the living space) will be liable for submitting the following documents to the State Migration Service within three days of the foreign citizen’s arrival:
• Application form; and
• Copy of the foreign citizen’s passport;
The documents are to be submitted to the State Migration Services by post, electronic mail
( email@example.com) or in person by the host party.
The State Migration Service is required to register the foreign citizen as soon as the application is submitted, and provides a notice of registration in writing to the host party within 1 business day.
When a foreign national or stateless person is expected to leave his/her place of sojourn, the host party shall notify the State Migration Service in order to annul the registration of the foreign national or stateless person. If a foreign national or stateless person changes his/her place of sojourn, they must re-register at their new place of sojourn. It is not required for registration cards to be issued upon registration any more.
For more information and application form, please visit:
Failure to register, or to register in a timely manner, may result in a fine.
To obtain a multiple entries visa to travel to the Republic of Azerbaijan the following documents must be submitted to the Consular Section of the Embassy:
NOTE: Before delivering original documents to the Consulate it is necessary to send list of the documents (scan in JPG format in a proper way) to the official email address of the Consulate for verification purposes
1. An invitation from a receiving party should be sent through Consular Department of the MFA;The instruction from the Consular Department of Ministry of Foreign Affairs regarding the confirmation of the invitation of receiving party should be received by the Embassy. For details receiving party may contact the Consular Department of Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Address: 4 Shikhali Gurbanov Str., Baku, AZ 1009. For questions please call +99450 7600663.
2. Completed electronic visa application form;
To fill out visa application form
- Visit the website: http://evisa.mfa.gov.az
- Register in “Sign up” page.
- Fill out the “Application form”.
- Submit the application form.
- Print the completed application form received on e-mail.
3. Visa Application Form; (Application form must be filled on the computer only!)
4. Valid passport or other travel document (photocopies will not be accepted) which should have at least one clear page for the visa;
A passport must be valid for no less than six month.
Holders of travel documents must submit valid permanent resident card;
4. Copy of the fly itinerary;
5. Copy of health insurance;
After verification of all the data consulate will send you an email confirming the accuracy of the provided information, also you will receive an account of the consulate to pay for the requested visa.
6. Consular fee for Multiple entries visa for Mexican citizen: $350 US dollars.
NOTE: Foreign nationals willing to stay in Azerbaijan for the entire year should request temporary residence permission at the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan (for more information, please visit: www.migration.gov.az).
After payment is done, you will need to send via email copy of the payment documents for verification purposes.
To obtain a visa by mail, the request must include a postage paid return envelope (FedEx, UPS or DHL). The Embassy of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the loss postal delivery. As the Embassy does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in way to track your passport's return to you.
NOTE: Only money transfers and direct deposits to the account of the consulate are accepted.
E-mail of consulate – http://mexico.mfa.gov.az/
Please send all the above-mentioned required documents to:
Embassy of Azerbaijan Attn: Consular Section,
Avenida Virreyes 1015,
Colonia Lomas de Chapultepec,
Delegación Miguel Hidalgo,
Business hours of the Consular Section are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 A.M. to 12 P.M.
Processing time – 3-10 business days
All foreigners visiting Azerbaijan for a period of more than 30 days must register their passports with the local passport-registration authorities.
Attention: Effective October 15, 2010 obtaining short stay single entry (up to 30 days) visas at the visa section of Consular Department of Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the Heydar Aliyev International Airport of Baku, upon arrival has changed Read More